Thursday, August 19, 2010

Current Love: Isabel Marant

I know, me and the rest of the world. But her throw-together chic, the parisian je ne sais quoi she infuses into all her clothing feels so right for me, right now! Just in case you haven't seen much of Ms. Marant, here are some of my favorite looks from here Fall RTW show


I feel like Marant captured so many of the key points of the season - military-esque, luxe and statement-making outerwear, ladylike shoes, to name a few, while still weaving her trademark fun-loving, cool-girl aesthetic throughout

If I was to buy one piece from the looks I showed above?
The "Dice Chambray Shirt"
It's a basic, but it's a basic I could wear with anything. It's so light I could contrast it with dark denim pants for a denim-on-denim look. Tuck it in to a shiny skirt (like Marant did) and you have a cute but different night look. Toss a leather jacket over it for a bit of edge. The options are endless. How I love Isabel Marant!

And another thing, her lower-priced line, Etoile (star, in french) is quite cute too...

I quite like the Karly jacket and the Gatien top - military and diaphonous-ladylike. More chic Marant!

So what do you think of Ms. Isabel Marant?

Enjoy!

runway photos from style.com; isabel marant shirt from net-a-porter.com; etoile clothing from dianiboutique.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me comments, I love to read them! And if you have a blog, leave the name too, so I can take a look and comment back. Thanks for visiting :)