Sunday, September 11, 2011

stripes... again

I'm sorry if you guys are getting bored of this dress! I feel like every time I wear it, the outfit post is basically the same. But it's so easy! It's the weekend, it's hot outside, I want to look put together - solution? Put on my striped dress. As simple as that.

old navy dress
heritage 1981 belt
forever 21 necklace
minnetonka moccasins
vintage raybans (courtesy of my friend Jen, of The Haute Road, thanks bud)

 These are actually from yesterday as today is Sunday, and I don't do cute on Sundays. As a fashion blogger am I obligated to look cute all days of the week? Probably... I mean, I don't look bad today, just in jean shorts, a loose button down and flip flops, but nothing special. Jen, my friend who gave me these fun sunglasses, is probably not happy to see me wearing this dress - she's waiting for me to decide that it's too short so that I'll give to her. And yes, I know, it's a bit short, but I love it so! The envelope neck, the comfy cotton, the loose fit, even the short hemline - kind of my ideal piece of clothing.



Love this necklace. As you may have noticed, I have a penchant for long pendants (alliteration anyone?) and piles of chains, but don't really do short necklaces, with the exception of the above beauty, and my lovely topshop bauble. The moral derived from the two of these? I will forgo long necklaces only for chunky, oversize short ones. Oh, and sad news - the belt pictured below is falling apart! I mean, not surprising, since it came with a cheap dress from Heritage (an offshoot of Forever 21). But still! I love the weaving of the "leather," and I'm seriously lacking in waist belts.




I feel like I've been rambling on in this post and have said nothing informative or even amusing. Sorry about that. Happens to the best of us. Exciting news though! I've been chosen to be one of the 8 or so Principles of Economics tutors! So basically everyone in my school (the School of Foreign Service), has to take both Principles of Macroeconomics and Microeconomics. And everyone dreads them. Basically the horror story of freshman year. So, to help all the poor freshman out, the Economics departments pays older students who did well in those courses to act as tutors! I had my interview last week and found out this weekend that I was chosen. I start Tuesday. Good to know that I succeeded in the basic courses of what will probably be my major, right? And with that fun story, I close this post. Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

18 comments:

  1. I totally understand what you mean about feeling obligated to look cute everyday as a fashion blogger. But really, I'm all for casual days too!

    Congrats on the tutoring job! My best friend does the same thing for the Econ dept at my university and he loves it! He finds it's really rewarding, and it really cemented the important basics for him, and he was able to met a bunch of like-minded people in the department. Hopefully you'l have an equally enriching experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute and I totally love your necklace its darling!
    KaitGirl.blogspot.com
    @kaitlin4879

    xo kaitlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could wear stripes, they look lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your necklace is gorgeous!!and i have always been a big fan of stripes! nice relaxed look x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for your comment! i love your blog, i'm going to follow and would love for you to check my blog out again and follow me back!! Bex X

    www.rebeccamarywatson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures and dress!Thanks for the comment!I have a fashionblog too and I would be really so happy,if you could check it out!xx Tanja
    http://neverdreamedaboutthis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful details of your outfit! Like the necklace especially

    www.fashiable.nl

    ReplyDelete
  8. But it's an awesome dress! I wear things too often as well, believe me.

    xoxonina.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. the shoes are so cute!

    xo Camilla

    Into The Fold

    please help me win a place in Bloggers Wardrobe by liking this picture Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit :D

    http://inhalefashionandbeauty.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @inhale_fandb
    bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute!!! i understand I wear certain items of clothing all the time because they are so easy to wear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the mocs! I hope yours have soles, mine don't and they're falling apart. So sad, because they're the most comfortable shoes I own!

    Sarah
    Fashion Battleship

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cute! I actually have been stuck with the stripes fever for a while!

    xoxo
    style roulette

    PS: Want to invite you to join my Turban Headband Giveaway
    http://thestyleroulette.blogspot.com/2011/09/ultimate-giveaway-turban-headband-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Alison! Thanks for the comment on our blog! All those dessert are really amazing!!!

    Stripes are always a good choice!! =)

    xoxo
    Raquel
    www.is2coffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your necklace is gorgeous! And I totally have a thing for stripes, so your dress is pretty much my favorite now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bud, I want that dress!! PS I want my bday present too :) and I'm glad you're liking the Ray-Bans! They are quite cute. Along with that dress that looks ridiculously short. Really, it would be much better on my someone oh say 5'2" :) Cute blog posts thought and congrats on the job!! I've decided to minor in Econ so maybe I'll skype you for tutoring help

    xoxo,
    Jen
    The Haute Road

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi dear, thanks you for your sweet comment on my blog, your blog is lovely and I have to say I love these pictures; you look great and I love that dress, everything about it it’s perfect and also nice necklace! Your have a lovely blog and I'm a new follower! Hope you'll follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi !!
    the dress it's so lovely!, and the necklace it's really amazing !!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I love to read them! And if you have a blog, leave the name too, so I can take a look and comment back. Thanks for visiting :)