Wednesday, September 21, 2011

gross weather

I hate attempting to dress in weather like this. Daily temperatures ranging from 60 - 70, humid and muggy, will it rain, will it not? Can I wear my green pants or will they clash with my rain boots? These are the questions I have to ask myself every morning (and in response to the latter yes, yes they will). So here is what I came up with, sorry this shirt doesn't photograph very well, there will be detail shots farther down...
vintage shirt
coach bookbag
 citizens of humanity jeans
minnetonka moccasins

Woah. Can we just take a second to recognize (as I'm sure you'll notice when you look at the detail photo with my shoes), that I'm wearing pants that aren't skinny? I know, when was the last time this happened? I've been thinking about it, and discounting trousers, I probably only one 4 or 5 pairs of non-skinny pants. To be honest I think the largest category of pants in my wardrobe are the "skinny-and-cropped". Not sure what that says about me?



So apparently since the buttons are in the back of this shirt, it looks like I'm wearing it backwards? I was hurrying to class and some friends from my last class were behind me. I heard them say, "should we tell her?" so of course I turn around and ask, and they tell me that they think my shirt is on the wrong way - oh boys. Don't you understand the concept of decorative buttons? Though I did try it on the other way when I got back to the room just for kicks, and with a tank top and the tag cut out, it could be quite cute backwards too.


Super attractive photo right? I had Nicole take a close-up of my shirt detail and, assuming that my head wasn't included in the picture, made a very attractive face. I was going to crop it, then decided why not keep it? Why not give readers a true taste of what I probably look like most of the day? A.k.a. really odd


Sorry that I haven't posted since Sunday! I'm sure you were all so proud, me posting an actual outfit on a Sunday, then I totally go and ruin it by not posting for two days. Typical me. Thing is, I was super busy yesterday! I know. Me, busy? I'm pretty excited about it too. In addition to classes I went to my Econ professor's office hours to ask some questions, checked answers to our problem set with a girl from my class, had my second experience tutoring, and had my first actual-singing-practice with the girls from Harmony (the internationally-themed, all-girls a cappella group I joined!) - needless to say it was pretty crazy. Unlike today where I watched 3 episodes of Gilmore Girls - a.k.a. my life back to normal, you can all breathe a sigh of relief :) Hope your week is going well so far!

5 comments:

  1. I love your style! Very nice top and moccasins! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your moccasins!
    Thank you very much for your comment on my blog:)

    www.maggieswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your bag!=)
    thanks for your comment!
    i hope that you return on my blog!
    kisses and follow you!=)

    http://lpbbymayal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I love the Gilmore Girls! I love your moccasins and that top os just beautiful! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I love to read them! And if you have a blog, leave the name too, so I can take a look and comment back. Thanks for visiting :)