Sunday, September 18, 2011

dressed on a sunday

I'm pretty proud of myself right now - I'm doing an outfit post on a Sunday! As you may or may not have read in earlier posts (because you all clearly voraciously read everything I write) I tend not to dress well on Sundays. In fact, as I write this, I've changed out of my skirt and am in plaid pajama pants. But I decided to make an effort earlier this afternoon, and here are the results...

jcrew sweater
target skirt
thrifted coach bag
aldo boots

 I've been itching to wear this skirt for ages! Having been a Catholic schoolgirl for upwards of 6 years, I've worn my fair share of pleated skirts. But I still love them! I considered bringing one of my old uniform skirts with me to school (I would not be the only one from my school to bring my uniform to college with me, trust me) but when I found this adorable gray version from Target, I decided to trade up.




For one, I am in love with this bag. My love for satchels is well-documented, but this one is just particularly good - the size is absolutely perfect, the black leather goes with everything... it's love. Speaking of special things, I love these boots. They were my first pair of boots (well, first pair that wasn't solely for snow-protection purposes) and they have given me a pretty good 5 or so years. Not sure if you can tell in the photo below, but they're kind of falling apart. It will be a sad day when I no longer have my gray flannel boots...



Today was a lovely Sunday! Nicole and I walked down M Street to Lululemon, where we attended the free yoga class they give at noon on Sundays! It was extremely crowded, but a good workout nonetheless. Just what I needed after baking a cake, then eating half of it myself directly out of the pan with a fork. Don't tell my mom but this may not have been the healthiest weekend for me, food-wise...  (oh don't worry, I'm aware of the fact that she will read this and most likely chastise me for it later ^^). Now I'm just trying to get a bit of work done, then going to the common room to watch The Little Mermaid! Gotta love Sundays :)

7 comments:

  1. I love your bag!:)
    -Tori
    fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your skirt! Looks great with the boots!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt!!! I also wanted to bring my plaid uniform skirt to college with me, you never know when you are going to have a bad day and just need to put on your uniform skirt to make it better!!

    xoxo
    red-tintedglasses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! It's charming, witting and oh-so fabulous!

    I attended New York Fashion Week and would love for you to read my coverage!

    goodbadnfab.blogspot.com
    an Asian fashion lawyer living and playing in LA, giving you the insider's scoop on life in the fab lane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I adore pleated skirts as well. It adds a little something extra, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its very simple, cool and comfortable dress to getaways on Sunday.....

    Watch Power Rangers Online

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I love to read them! And if you have a blog, leave the name too, so I can take a look and comment back. Thanks for visiting :)