Tuesday, October 4, 2011

cord skirt

After finding this skirt in a consignment shop in Fort Collins (on my aforementioned trip to take the lovely Mckenna back to college) for only $3, I'd been waiting for the weather to sufficiently cool down so that I could pull it out... and today was perfect! Not the freezing wasteland of yesterday, not the sweltering heat that defined Georgetown fall for me last year. This is the fall I enjoy.

loft button down
vintage necklace
thrifted old navy skirt
aldo boots
unknown tights? (though I wish I knew where they were from, they have a nice texture to them...)

 I'm quite a fan of this outfit! I've been sporting these boots quite a lot lately, but they are just so perfect for fall! Soft, felted, won't die if it starts spontaneously pouring (a very important quality in D.C.).





One problem with carrying a bookbag and wearing a short skirt - the movement of the bookbag tends to push said skirt up towards scandalous lengths. Is this something that only happens to me? Because I swear I spent all day making sure my skirt was in the same place, breaking my cardinal rule of never adjusting clothing in public. By that I don't mean that I'll just ignore things horribly wrong with my clothing, but you can't constantly adjust because you're uncomfortable! It just brings attention to whatever you're uncomfortable with - a.k.a. everyone probably was noticing how unhappy I was with my skirt all day... 

Just to let you know, if I don't post in the next few days, it's because I've dropped dead of stress. Honestly though. Tomorrow I have a midterm, a quiz, and a paper due! As I'm sure you've read before, I never have this much work. Seriously don't know what to do with myself. I'd just like to fast forward to 10 pm tomorrow night, when I'll go over to my friend's apartment to watch Glee with the girls! So what do you say? Can we skip the next 24 hours or so? Sounds good to me.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like her style ;)
    love your blog girl!! I will follow right now!!
    xx


    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your necklace!!
    kisses=)

    www.lapetiteblonde.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I love to read them! And if you have a blog, leave the name too, so I can take a look and comment back. Thanks for visiting :)