Friday, January 21, 2011

the last two days, part 2

First of all, I'm very disappointed (and I''m sure my mother will be too, when she see this) - I don't know how I got a hole in these so quickly! They're adorable sweater-ish tights that my mom got for me for Christmas, and I had only worn them two or three times when yesterday I looked down only to find a large hole staring back at me! Depressing is what that is.


target necklace
nordstrom (frenchi?) dress
sweater tights
aldo boots

Actually, just about everything I was wearing is a gift! The necklace is from one of my friends for my birthday I believe, and the dress was a Christmas present from my lovely friend Shannon! She is just absolutely so fashionable, and always knows what to pick out for me (she also got me an adorable ruffled scarf ^^). She'll be happy to know that I got lots of complements on the dress all day, although I also got lots of "What are you so dressed up for?" I hate that question! What am I dressed up for? Life! I like to dress up, and shouldn't have to wait for a special occasion to do so. So there. That's my rant of the day.

Yesterday was my first rehearsal for the chapel choir! As much as I enjoyed the experience of the gospel choir, and I do really think it was a good experience that really forced me out of my comfort zone, it really isn't my thing. So I thought - why not try something else? And although the chapel choir is Catholic (something I'm not), their style of music is more up my alley while still challenging my soprano and helping to keep it in shape, something I didn't get while singing gospel. And - they do back rubs as a warm-up!! For those of you dear readers that don't know about my high school choir, we basically did that every week during warm-ups, as well as just randomly dispersed throughout rehearsal. And with my friends at school. Basically I carried a lot of stress in my shoulders and back rubs were kind a fact of my life :) And now I have them! Yay! So, I will have to go to more Catholic services (I've already done it for 7 years...) but I think it will be good for me.

That's about the only interesting thing about my day yesterday. I had a lot of classes - 4 to be exact, which was a bit exhausting, but its ok because today I'm done at 1! Sacrifices are needed sometimes. And as sad as it is to be in class from 10-4 basically on Thursdays and have an 8:15 recitation on Fridays (though they don't take attendance at that one... hehehe) I am done by 1 on Mondays and Fridays! Which really is quite lovely

Ok, that is part 2 of my description of the last two days. Have a fun, exciting Friday night! Cheers :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got so many compliments!!! it looks tres cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    You have a really nice blog. I love the picture.


    kisses from Brazil*

    http://neopopculture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loveee Nordstrom, especially the frenchi line. And I know exactly what you mean about people asking why youre dressed up! Getting ready for any occasion brings me great joy and I see no reason heels, fancy jewlery and dresses can't be worn to school!
    I'd love if you'd take a look at my blog:)
    http://youngguccipurse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hate it when i get holes on my tights, but hey! you look great!
    loadsofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments, I love to read them! And if you have a blog, leave the name too, so I can take a look and comment back. Thanks for visiting :)