Monday, February 28, 2011

oscar night

So in lieu of showcasing something fashionable that I'm wearing (oh wait. that's because I'm not wearing anything fashionable... cough cough sweatpants...) I'm going to do what is probably wayyyy overdone by now and put up pictures of my favorite gowns from last night's award show! a.k.a the Academy Awards, if you happen to live in a hole :)

This is so gorgeous and Victorian feeling! Not to mention it's Florence Welch, and I absolutely love her music. And her hair. She's all together pretty awesome :)

She's 14. 14!? Why can't I be on the red carpet in Marchesa at the age of 14?? Regardless, this is gorgeous and floaty and age-appropriate, I love it.

Love Mila Kunis. Lately she's done these pretty, floaty dresses in such interesting patterns and textures! Like for the SAGs it was that kind of off-beat red pattern, and now with the lavender-ish lace, quite cool. As you can see I'm going for the more spring-oriented dresses. Guess I'm kind of over fall and everything that goes with it (a.k.a the pants that won't fit over my cast)

And one out-of-theme dress I had to throw in. I. Love. Amy Adams. The dark blue (or maybe purple?) goes amazingly with her hair color, and is just so sparkly! And I love the pops of green in the necklace and bracelet, absolutely amazing.


So there are my favorites for you all, now about a bit about my day. It was rainy. Oh the perils of being handicapped in the rain! On my way back from philosophy the downpour had yet to begin (thankfully) but the wheels of my scooter were wet from puddles from last night's storm that had yet to dry. And to get back from my dorm, I have to roll down this hugggee hill, normally filled with lots of pedestrians. Sounds scary even under normal circumstances, right? Now imagine that when the wheels of my scooter are wet, the brakes get kind of sketchy... terrifying I know! And then, after Russian, the deluge had officially started. Thankfully I was heading to lunch with the boys, who knew all about how I need to cover my foot in a trash bag (classy right?) when it's raining so that my cast doesn't get wet. So they pulled it out of my backpack and quick shoved it over my leg and we booked it to the dining hall, getting soaked in the process. After returning to the dorm, I proceeded to not leave my room for the rest of the evening. If I don't have to wrap up my foot, it's not happening. Remind me to document all of these things, so that I can do a post on my life as "scooter girl" for you all, ok?

I don't even know what I'm going to do for the rest of the night. I have absolutely no homework. Pretty awesome right? Well, have a good evening  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me comments, I love to read them! And if you have a blog, leave the name too, so I can take a look and comment back. Thanks for visiting :)